Luke

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 1, 2008

Our base location is....



Langley Air Force Base in Hampton City, Virgina
Keith got his base assignment yesterday. We will be living on the east coast, and not too far from DC. It was totally not what we expected!! We were hoping for somewhere on the west coast. We were are a little sad to be so far from family, but I am always up for a new adventure! We look forward to seeing all the historic sites and visiting a few distant relatives not far away. On a positive note, we can take Luke to ride a few of the steam locomotives that are still running in the surrounding areas and see the train museums. Boy, will be going from one climate extreme to another. Can you say cold during the winter. We will be relocating sometime in November. Yeah, just in time for the snow!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I think that you'll like it on the East Coast...the weather is a bit extreme at times but it is so beautiful and the seasons are a fun change from CA!

Melinda said...

YAY!!! You guys are slowwwwllllyy getting closer to me here in Switzerland! LOL :) I LOVE the East Coast like a million times better than the west. The people are really incredible on the east coast, and the season are to die for!! When I lived in Maine, my favorite was during fall with all the leaves! I think you guys will have MANY great and wonderful adventures and I can't wait to hear about them all!!! Also I want to see LOTS of photos as well!!! :)

OH are you guys going to be able to come home for Christmas? Marissa and I are flying home the week of Thanksgiving and staying until Jan. hubby will be joining us in Dec. just in time for Christmas. Maybe we will see you then hopefully???

Kim said...

wowzers! Cold? Try MN winters! haha. Anyway! sounds like fun. You are closer to me now. So come visit the Mall of America in MN and we can hang out.